What is the fields?
The field tab is a menu for defining the fields for related table.
How can i define the variables for fields?
Those are the description for defining a new field for the related table ;
* Field Name : This variable is the main part of field value. The name which is typing to the box will be storing the indicator for the data.
* Field Type :
Data type Description Max size Storage char(n) Fixed width character string 8,000 characters Defined width varchar(n) Variable width character string 8,000 characters 2 bytes + number of chars varchar(max) Variable width character string 1,073,741,824 characters 2 bytes + number of chars nchar Fixed width Unicode string 4,000 characters Defined width x 2 nvarchar Variable width Unicode string 4,000 characters nvarchar(max) Variable width Unicode string 536,870,912 characters
Data type Description Storage bit Integer that can be 0, 1, or NULL tinyint Allows whole numbers from 0 to 255 1 byte smallint Allows whole numbers between -32,768 and 32,767 2 bytes int Allows whole numbers between -2,147,483,648 and 2,147,483,647 4 bytes bigint Allows whole numbers between -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 and 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 8 bytes decimal(p,s) Fixed precision and scale numbers.
Allows numbers from -10^38 +1 to 10^38 –1.
The p parameter indicates the maximum total number of digits that can be stored (both to the left and to the right of the decimal point). p must be a value from 1 to 38. Default is 18.
The s parameter indicates the maximum number of digits stored to the right of the decimal point. s must be a value from 0 to p. Default value is 0
5-17 bytes float(n) Floating precision number data from -1.79E + 308 to 1.79E + 308.
The n parameter indicates whether the field should hold 4 or 8 bytes. float(24) holds a 4-byte field and float(53) holds an 8-byte field. Default value of n is 53.
4 or 8 bytes
Data type Description Storage datetime From January 1, 1753 to December 31, 9999 with an accuracy of 3.33 milliseconds 8 bytes smalldatetime From January 1, 1900 to June 6, 2079 with an accuracy of 1 minute 4 bytes date Store a date only. From January 1, 0001 to December 31, 9999 3 bytes time Store a time only to an accuracy of 100 nanoseconds 3-5 bytes
* Field Length : Decides the length for picked type in the form. ps: Only char, nchar, varchar, nvarchar, decimal objects can be set by this line. Other types are already declared before and no need to be set again.
* Decimal Digit : This fields is only possible to edit for decimal type and defines the currency digit
* Default Value : If this line is set and if there is no any value for this field then the given value for this line will be inserting to the table
* Is this field a primary key : If it is checked, this field assign as a unique area and the sistem will check the every execution for insert or update. The inserted or updated value must be unique otherwise the form will return an error to fix it.
* Is this auto increment field : When you make this line enable the sistem tries to run an increment for any insert function.
* Identity Increment : If this field has an auto increment option, this line defines the value for number of increment.
* Identity Seed : This line defines the beginning value for increment
* Is this field has a multi language support : If this line is checked then Aigap gets a equalled value for current language from language table